Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are five emerging nonprofit trends in 2021 that will impact the nonprofit sector as organizations pivot to increase efforts in virtual engagement.
- In what ways did COVID-19 significantly impact the social sector? How did philanthropy shift to support nonprofits during this time? How can donors support these emerging trends?
- Learn what nonprofits will need to be effective in 2021.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Last year, most nonprofits successfully pivoted to virtual engagement, increased services to meet demands and grappled with fundraising declines. In 2021, these emerging trends and others will have critical implications that extend well beyond fundraising and stewardship.
- Equity And Inclusion As mission-driven organizations, nonprofits hold particular accountability to lead by example in equity and inclusion.
- Virtual Employee Engagement Virtual engagement is here to stay. Some employees may never return to the office; others may work a hybrid model, but either way, the benefits of virtual engagement are clear.
- Collective Displacement: Remote Work Covid-19 introduced an unprecedented “collective displacement.” The pandemic changed how and where we work, learn, shop, play and even where we live.
- Mental Health And Wellbeing As we take these first steps toward normalcy, we are still experiencing a truly staggering national loss.
- Flexibility And 'Futureproofing' Embracing change is more important now than ever. After a three-month decline in satisfaction to some of the lowest levels in recent years, the United States is starting to see some improvements.
Read the full article about emerging nonprofit trends by Thomas Bognanno at Forbes.