What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Here are five strategies and training that bolster educator and student well-being during the pandemic.
• What are education donors doing to support educators during this time? How can district leaders prioritize mental health?
• Learn about the student perspective on learning during the pandemic.
In 2020, we have all taken big steps to prioritize each other’s wellness. We’ve temporarily closed schools and businesses and stayed home because our greatest wish is that our community stays healthy and safe. But well-being goes beyond physical health.
Even before COVID-19 upended teaching and learning, many teachers reported feeling extreme stress every day. In a time of unprecedented uncertainty and fear, our educators and students are now being forced to override their own personal struggles to demonstrate confidence and accountability for others. This is a recipe for trauma and burnout.
Here are five strategies from our trainings to help you prioritize your own well-being—and that of your students—right now.
- Set Your Intentions to Start the Day
- Draw on the Breath as Your Anchor
- Check in and Share How You Are Feeling
- Cultivate Compassion for Yourself and Others
- Practice an Attitude of Gratitude
\Read the full article about strategies for educators by Ilana Nankin at EdSurge.