Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are five questions and predictions for the circular economy in the next year and what progress will look like in the future.
- What are the most considerable challenges for the circular economy in 2021?
- Read about the circular economy trends in 2020.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
As I begin to think about the year of content and coverage ahead, I thought I’d start things off by sharing some big questions I’ll be asking in 2021 — plus some predictions on how they might be answered.
- Will companies align circular economy initiatives with climate goals, or continue to treat these as discrete initiatives?
- What role will communities and justice play in the conversation about the circular economy?
- What role will bioplastics and other bio-based materials play in the shift away from nonrenewable materials for packaging and products?
- Will companies scale reuse models, or focus on smaller-scale pilots?
- Will the incoming Biden administration have any impact on progress towards more circular systems?
Read the full article about circular economy in 2021 by Lauren Phipps at GreenBiz.