What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Social media tools, webinars and podcasts, and other online resources are all useful digital tools for nonprofit organizations to implement to support their missions.
• How can donors bolster nonprofit access to digital tools?
Now more than ever, it's important to look at how you can add digital strategies to your nonprofit organization. In my own nonprofit, we've made a concerted effort to find more ways to work online to reach out to those who support our nonprofit and those who benefit from our purpose as a nonprofit.
Here is what I have learned through the digital transformation tactics that we have implemented.
- Social Video Tools Our focus has been to look for those digital tools that reach the largest part of our audience and at the lowest cost. That led us to explore social video tools, including Facebook Live. This tool allows us to conduct regular discussions online on a live basis and then provide the videos for ongoing viewing. In using this tool, more than one of our nonprofit representatives can present or participate at one time.
- Webinars And Podcasts We've also found that it helps to use video conferencing tools like Zoom, GoToMeeting and even YouTube to conduct webinars. These webinars are a much more cost-effective and engaging tool to use than putting together what could be an expensive in-person seminar or conference.
- Online Outreach And Additional Resources Like so many startups that also operate on a shoestring budget, nonprofits have to be careful about spending during a digital transformation. The good news we discovered is that you don't have to invest in everything or spend a lot on what you do decide can help with your digital transformation.
Read the full article about digital tools by Gloria Horsley at Forbes.