Why is board recruitment so important…and so challenging? Because the job of building a board is about more than just filling slots. It is about finding leaders who have skill sets and perspectives that align with your organization’s strategies, goals, and needs — not just now, but into the future.
Follow the steps on the following pages to identify and build a strong board for your nonprofit:
- Lay the foundation
- Envision your ideal board
- Find candidates
- Help board candidates find you
- Board posting and matching programs
- Evaluate candidates
- Nominate and elect new board members
- Orient and develop members
Read the full article and webinar about board recruitment at BoardSource.