What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
How do you define equity and how much emphasis do you place on advancing equity within your organization and through the grants that you make? How diverse is your board and staff, and how inclusive are you of other perspectives in your decision-making around grants, governance, and overall policy?
This Content Collection includes a variety of perspectives and tools for addressing REDI issues within your organization, including a collection of customized Checklists, Quizzes, and Self-Assessment Tools for boards and staff.
Start Here: Defining Equity
Can We Agree on This Simple Definition of Equity?
What the Heck Does “Equity” Mean?
Five Essential Practices to Improve Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Your Family Foundation
Understanding Racial Bias and White Privilege: Selected Readings
- Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do by Jennifer Eberhardt
- Decolonizing Wealth: Indigenous Wisdom to Heal Divides and Restore Balance by Edgar Villanueva
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
Articles and Blog Posts
Dear Philanthropy: These are the Fires of Anti-Black Racism
103 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
Opportunities for White People in the Fight for Racial Justice
Read the full list of resources for advancing racial equity at the National Center for Family Philanthropy.