Whatever differences your family may have, those differences need not get in the way of your philanthropic goals. Your challenge is to find ways to channel the bonds of family in the service of a shared vision and anticipate the conflicts that inevitably arise. This slide show provides six tips for managing family dynamics in family philanthropy; see the companion slideshow which provides an overview of the six most common types of family conflict in family philanthropy:
- Let others hear the family "voice" in your philanthropy.
- Communication brings families to a place of understanding.
- Stay focused on what unites the members of your family.
- Planning helps prevent conflict.
- Engage outside help when you need it.
- Let philanthropy be a force for good within your family.
See the full report about family dynamics at the National Center for Family Philanthropy.