Giving Compass’ Take:
• The Aspen Institute takes a look back at its past speakers and writers whose insights should be addressed in this upcoming year. The consensus is we need to be more inclusive and fight for a better global health system together.
• How can we build our collective action muscles in the New Year? Which partnerships show the most promise?
As you’re writing your list of New Year’s resolutions, consider the lessons imparted this past year by speakers and thinkers at the Aspen Institute. Their insightful experiences in life, leadership, and social change are worth remembering well past 2019:
- Confront xenophobia through literature
- When in doubt, keep running
- Learn from the country’s former leaders…
- …as well as the newest Americans
- Teach tolerance (and unlearn intolerance)
- Keep social movements inclusive
- Make your voice heard
- Fight for better health care
- Stand with people of all faiths
Read the full article about ways to take action in 2019 by Ben Berliner and Nicole Corea at The Aspen Institute.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Inspiring Stories, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Inspiring Stories.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Human Rights is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Human Rights.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Human Rights, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.