Giving Compass’ Take:
• James W. Head explains how The East Bay Community Foundation is working to change its structure to improve its work and outcomes.
• How can funders help organizations reorganize to better address the needs of the communities?
• Learn more about community foundations.
As a community foundation, we are restructuring our financial, social, and human capital to partner with and support movements. This means:
- More multi-year, general operating support for anchor nonprofits providing critical policy, advocacy, and essential services to our East Bay communities, with a focus on communities most in need.
- Providing educational opportunities for our donors and partners to see and discuss the structural barriers that limit or prohibit many East Bay residents from taking advantage of opportunities to improve their lives.
- Transforming our institutional, financial,and human assets to be used for community benefits.
- Serving as a platform for community voice and organizing around those issues most important to achieving economic and social improvements.
This approach is designed support community residents’ability to strategize and consider how to strengthen innovative practices; all with a shared commitment to learning, deepening, and challenging existing paradigms.
Read the full article about restructuring a community foundation by James W. Head at The East Bay Community Foundation.
STEM is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Nonprofit Sector, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Nonprofit Sector, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Nonprofit Sector.