Giving Compass’ Take:
• Exponent Philanthropy and The Philanthropic Initiative provide insight and exercises for experienced philanthropists looking to evaluate and improve their high-impact philanthropy.
• Where do your philanthropic efforts stand? How can you continuously improve your philanthropy?
• Learn about impact-driven philanthropy.
Are you no longer content with just “making good grants” or “doing good things for the community”? Have you taken a fresh look at your goals, strategies, and outcomes and decided that you could do things differently to achieve even more? Funders could use this toolkit at key inflection points to:
- Take a pulse check of your current strategy
- Reflect on your progress and distill lessons learned
- Build consensus and buy-in from stakeholders
We all know that setting bolder, bigger goals for impact is only step one. Implementing strategies and achieving these goals typically involves a winding path full of experiments, iterations, and obstacles. This toolkit is crafted to help seasoned funders anticipate common obstacles to high-impact philanthropy and learn about effective strategies to overcome them.
Read the full article about the high-impact toolkit at Exponent Philanthropy.
High-impact philanthropy will mean different things to different funders. It might mean reaching more people or places, preventing a problem from occurring in the first place, having a more sustainable or systemic effect, or achieving leverage with your grant dollars. For you, it might encompass all these and more.