What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Chart Westcott discusses nonprofit technology trends that are driving the sector forward and will continue to do so in 2020.
• How could nonprofits you work with benefit from technologies like the ones listed here? What role can you play in helping them access and leverage these tools?
• Learn about more nonprofit trends coming in 2020.
Non-profits have gained a great deal of knowledge from their for-profit peers when it comes to the effective use of technology. However, nonprofits can’t always mimic for-profit strategies. Campaigns that rely on social media can sometimes backfire and fundraising efforts require transparency. Here are three non-profit tech trends for 2020 that combine the best use of for-profit tech with the best practices of nonprofits.
- Data Collection and Management Tools For-profit organizations’ customer relationship management software tools dig into granular data like online shopping habits, cart abandonment and frequently viewed website pages.
- Marketing and Analysis For-profit organizations intend to grow. Non-profits are considered successful when they are able to maintain their levels of engagement and impact.
- Emails Over Social Media Donors want to feel special and needed. Personalized email and customized asks are a way for nonprofits to appeal to all of their donors, both high level donors and low-level ones.
Read the full article about nonprofit trends in 2020 by Chart Westcott at Medium.