Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are seven attributes that will help donors determine if advisors and their firms align with their philanthropic goals and values.
- What is your process for choosing an advisor? Why is values-alignment crucial when investing?
- Understand more about the world of impact investing here.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
When you’re deciding to stay with your current advisor or to hire a new one, there are seven attributes that will help you determine whether they — and their firm — have your best interests at heart. These attributes will help you determine if they’re committed to values-aligned investing and whether they adhere to an investment philosophy that resonates with you or not. These attributes are as follows.
- Values-alignment is a tenet of their investment philosophy.
- They are a fiduciary.
- They don’t receive commissions.
- They offer the core and values-aligned financial services you want.
- They are open to a nondiscretionary relationship.
- Their fees are fair and follow industry standards.
- Their approach to working with you is clear.
Read the full article about values-aligned advisor by Janine Firpo at Invest for Better.