Giving Compass' Take:
- At Fluxx, Tim Sarrantonio speaks about how tech can play a role in influencing a generosity ecosystem in philanthropy, from funders to grantees.
- What does it mean to generate a 'generosity ecosystem' in your giving community? How can we be sure our giving ecosystems extend equitably across communities?
- Read about how African American philanthropy has forever fostered a generosity ecosystem.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
At Fluxx we’re in the business of building technology that serves the social sector, which means we’re always having critical conversations about social sector strategies. Which is why we’re thrilled to focus this month’s Untapped Philanthropy podcast episode on how we as a community can leverage technology to facilitate strategic thinking and in turn – a better grantee experience. So let’s dive in.
In the third installment of Untapped Philanthropy, Kerrin Mitchell sits down with Tim Sarrantonio, who serves as the Director of Strategic Partnerships at Neon One, a nonprofit SaaS suite that serves as a one-stop-shop for an organization’s CRM, donor management, and operations needs. Tim has devoted nearly 9 years to Neon One, and nearly his entire career to the philanthropic industry.
He’s an operation and strategy enthusiast who is devoted to building a philanthropic “generosity ecosystem” and he would say through critical partnerships. Together he and Kerrin sit down to analyze how technology can facilitate a thriving giving ecosystem across both sides of the aisle - from funder to grantee.
Listen to this episode and explore a range of topics from:
- How technology can bridge the gap to reach out to connect funders, grantees, and communities
- How funder and nonprofit technologies can mirror one another and collaborate more deeply through funder circles, resource alignment, open-data standard, and hyper-local organization
- How technologists can script the grantee experience and further serve boots-on-the-ground organizations
- A critical debate on what technology should be free and open to the sector versus proprietary to a singular company
Read the full article about forging a generosity ecosystem with Kerrin Mitchell and Tim Sarrantonio at Fluxx.