What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Causeartist describes three celebrity social entrepreneurs, Ben Higgins, Nikki Reed, and Joy Cho and how their enterprises are making a difference.
• How do social entrepreneurs scale impact of their organizations?
At some point, you’ve likely seen your favorite celebrity or influencer share about the issues that matter most to them, but these days many are going above and beyond when it comes to using their influence for good, and starting companies that make an impact.
Social impact companies started by individuals in the public eye not only give us insight into the causes these personalities care about, but also give you, as their fan, a way to support their favorite cause by being a consumer of their work.
Here are three of our favorite recognizable faces that are doing real good through business.
- Ben Higgins: Ben and his partner Riley Fuller co-founded Generous Coffee, which invests 100% of its profits into nonprofit efforts focused on employing women, providing access to education, and empowering communities.
- Nikki Reed: Her conscious jewelry company Bayou With Love consists of eco-friendly products with sustainability at its core, is both an advocate and leader in responsible and conscious consumerism.
- Joy Cho: Popular blogger turned female founder, Joy Cho, has always found a way to inspire the power of positivity through her stories, designs, and now her business. The company Oh Joy! is a lifestyle brand celebrating life’s most joyful moments through design, fashion, and food.
Read the full article about celebrity social entrepreneurs at Causeartist