What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
One of the best ways to appeal for funds is through a strategy called peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraising.
The secret behind this strategy’s success lies in how nonprofits are able to share personal connections between friends, family, neighbors, and acquaintances to raise funds and awareness in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
However, despite the win-win nature of these campaigns, they still take the same level of careful planning and attention as any other fundraising effort.
Never fear, though, because as long as your nonprofit keeps the critical practices we’re about to discuss in check, there’s no telling how far your P2P fundraiser will go.
These steps include:
- Offer training sessions and resources for first-time fundraisers.
- Motivate your team to share personal stories.
- Optimize fundraising for millennial donors.
- Use gamification to increase competition.
- Pair your P2P fundraiser with the right event.
Let’s get started!