What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Causeartist provides this list of nonprofit founders whose mission and organizations will bring about change in the next coming year.
• What are the components of a strong organizational mission? How can donors learn to evaluate organizational missions with a critical lens?
• Here are ten ways to scale nonprofit impact.
According to the National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS), more than 1.5 million nonprofit organizations are registered in the United States. And behind every nonprofit organization is a talented, dedicated, altruistic founder with a compelling mission and a transformational vision.
These nonprofit founders profiled below exhibit the essential attributes of an impactful nonprofit leader, and their organizations will undoubtedly better the world this year.
- Seth Maxwell – Thirst Project
- Jean Paul Laurent – Unspoken Smile Foundation
- Reshma Saujani – Girls Who Code
- Albert Manero – Limbitless
- Jake Wood – Team Rubicon
- Juliana Rotich – Ushahidi
- Amitabh Shah – YUVA Unstoppable
- Rachel Wurzman and Jennifer Nicolaisen – SeekHealing
- Paula Froehle and Steve Cohen – Chicago Media Project
- Michael Faye – GiveDirectly
- Brandon Nicholson – The Hidden Genius Project
- Brett Hagler, Alexandria Lafci, and Matthew Marshall – New Story
Read the full article about nonprofit founders at Causeartist