What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Grant Trahant, writing for Causeartist, compiles a list of social entrepreneurs to watch out for over this next year.
• How can funders best support social entrepreneurship? Is this the best vehicle for the impact you want to achieve?
• Read about last year's 35 social entrepreneurs to watch.
his will mark the 7th edition of our Social Entrepreneurs to watch for list. If you want to check out the previous years of social entrepreneurs you can see them here. 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019
Over the past six years I have had the great pleasure of speaking with over 500 social entrepreneurs around the world while running Causeartist. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch many of these startups grow into companies and scale without losing their focus on impact.
Of course these are not all the amazing people around the world doing spectacular things in their respective fields. These particular social entrepreneurs are just the ones that have stood out to me over the past year.
- Evin Floyd Robinson & Jessica Santana // America On Tech. Evin Floyd Robinson is one of the co-founders and President of America On Tech (AOT), an organization preparing the next generation of technology leaders. AOT’s work has been featured in media outlets such as CNN, Forbes, TechCrunch, BET, PBS, Black Enterprise, Univision and other leading publications.
- Alex Stephany // Beam. Alex Stephany was inspired to build Beam after getting to know a homeless man at his local Tube station in London. The man had spent decades out of work. Alex would buy him cups of coffee and pairs of socks, but could see his condition going from very bad to even worse.When the man had a heart attack, Alex asked himself: “What could we do to make a real difference to that man’s life?” The answer lay in giving him the skills to support himself. Alex knew that’d cost much more than a coffee. But what if everyone chipped in?
Read the full article about social entrepreneurs to watch this year by Grant Trahant at Causeartist.