Though we all are experiencing a great deal of uncertainty as coronavirus spreads, we’re focused on the impact this will have on the most vulnerable among us. Significant numbers of people in our communities are facing extraordinary challenges beyond the immediate health threats, ranging from lost wages to racism. And nonprofits are experiencing economic challenges due to lost service revenue and cancelled fundraising events at the same time as they experience increased demands to serve vulnerable populations.
We’ve compiled a roundup of resources sharing guidance on how donors can be most effective during this time.
- VolunteerMatch shares opportunities for volunteering during COVID-19.
- Fidelity Charitable offers key guidance to address short- and long-term impacts of COVID-19.
- The Milken Institute’s COVID-19 Philanthropy Hub curates the ways social investors can respond to the short-term health, economic, and social support needs in their own communities and well beyond.
- American Journalism Project explains the needs of nonprofit news organizations during this pandemic.
- Mission Investors Exchange explains how impact investors can support an accurate census count.
- The Milken Institute for Strategic Philanthropy lays out a number of ways to put philanthropic capital to work immediately, and tackle the impact of coronavirus from a multitude of angles.
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy highlights exemplary funding responses to COVID-19.
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees supplies ways to supporting immigrant communities.
- Antony Bugg-Levine shares six steps donors can take to support nonprofits.
- Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors provides suggestions and recommendations for donors who want to make an impact.
- Philanthropy Together suggests resources for giving circles.
- The Milken Institute Center for Strategic Philanthropy urges donor-advised fund holders to deploy capital quickly.
- National Center for Family Philanthropy offers insights for family funders.
- A recent webinar hosted by the Center for Disaster Philanthropy offered specific action items for donors.
- Vu Le addresses past and current challenges faced by nonprofits.
- Antony Bugg-Levine shares steps donors can take to ensure nonprofits recover from this crisis.
- FSG shares seven recommendations to help address inequities during public health crises.
- Bill Gates on how global leaders can address COVID-19 and prepare for the future.
Ready to take action?
Search our dedicated Coronavirus and COVID-19 issue funds page to find vetted organizations to support.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Philanthropy, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Philanthropy.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Collaborative Funds and Intermediaries is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Collaborative Funds and Intermediaries.
Are you ready to give?
Collaborative Funds and Intermediaries is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Collaborative Funds and Intermediaries.