What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
“Genius lives in all of us.” So says National Geographic‘s Chasing Genius platform, a community that the media company designed to help promote solutions to major world challenges, conceived by anyone, anywhere.
In a competition in 2017, the platform crowdsourced broad ideas for tackling global health, hunger, and environmental sustainability. In a new competition, the ideas focus on using technology and connectivity. Voting is open for the 10 finalists below; the winner will get $25,000.
- Using drones to find plastic landmines
- A donate button for Facebook posts
- An app to keep trash out of nature
- A “Turbo Tax for women's rights” in the Middle East
- Augmented reality for stroke recovery
- Digital Rehabilitation for developing countries
- A virtual reality game for kids with autism
- Underwater drones to track frogs
- Microchips for livestock
- AI for clean water
Read more about each of these innovative ideas to save the world by Adele Peters at Fast Company