What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
We launched Giving Compass in 2017 as a “minimal viable product” in order to learn if this was a resource donors would use. As we see our audience grow and we've welcomed new team members, including our Managing Director Jina Heverley, we're excited to share our 2019 reflections.
- New donor tools: We released the Philanthropy Resource Directory and an Issue Funds database to connect donors with experts, networks, and research.
- 30,000+ curated pieces: Trending issue areas include women and girls, homelessness, early education, and animal welfare.
- New partners and contributors: BlackHer, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, Science Philanthropy Alliance, and others shared their insights with us this year.
- 40,000 users/month (and growing): In addition to our U.S. base, we’ve seen an uptick in international users -- India, the UK, and Canada top the list.
- New learnings: As we gain a deeper understanding of how our audience consumes content, we’re recognizing the areas where we can continue to evolve for partners and members.
Read the full report.