What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Harvard Kennedy School refers to social capital as “the collective value of all ‘social networks’ (who people know) and the inclinations that arise from these networks to do things for each other (‘norms of reciprocity’).” Basically, social capital ensures that you are connected to the right people who will provide you with trusted information, collaboration and partnerships. Social capital is particularly important when an entrepreneur is just starting out and needs advisors who have been there before and connections to funders who are willing to work with them to build a business.
At the Case Foundation, we believe that the next era of entrepreneurship is about leveling the playing field, expanding participation and scaling the networks of social, financial and inspiration capital that provide the foundation for successful startups and scalable business.
Fortunately, more and more entrepreneurship programs are being set up with intentionality around creating on-ramps for women entrepreneurs or entrepreneurs of color. Whether it’s a network for women only or an existing accelerator that has benchmarks for inclusion among its cohort, entrepreneurship supporters are getting serious about providing the resources diverse founders need to be successful.
The following organizations are committed to the inclusive entrepreneurship movement, taking action within their organizations to support diverse entrepreneurs and leaders in the field demonstrating the value of providing underrepresented groups of entrepreneurs with access to capital, networks and support.
- 500 Startups - @500Startups
- American Underground - @AmerUnderground
- Black Founders - @blackfounders
- Black Tech Week - @blacktechweek
- Blackstone Launchpad - @bxlaunchpad
- Blueprint + Co - @blueprintandco
- Change Catalyst - @changecatalysts
- Circular Board - @CircularB
- CODE2040 - @CODE2040
- Defy Ventures - @DefyVentures
- digitalundivided - @digundiv
- DivInc - @DivIncatx
- Duke I&E - @EshipatDuke
- Google for Entrepreneurs - @GoogleForEntrep
- Groundwork - @groundworklabs
- Halcyon Incubator - @HalcyonIncubate
- HBCU Innovation - @HBCUInnovation
- in3 - @In3DC
- Jumpstart Inc - @jumpstartinc
- Kauffman Foundation - @KauffmanFDN
- Kapor Center - @KaporCenter
- Latino Startup Alliance - @Latino_Startups
- Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center - @thecenter
- New Profit - @newprofit
- The Pink Ceiling - @thepinkceiling
- PowerMoves - @PowerMovesUSA
- Project Entrepreneur - @pjtentrepreneur
- SEED SPOT - @seedspot
- Sephora Accelerate - @SephoraStands
- Social Innovation Lab - @SIL_Baltimore
- Tory Birch Foundation - @ToryBurchFdn
- Unshackled Ventures - @UnshackledUS
- Village Capital - @villagecapital
- Women’s Startup Lab - @wslab