Giving Compass' Take:
- Executive Director of Sacred Heart Community Service Poncho Guevara joins SVCF’s Executive Vice President of Community Action, Policy, and Strategy to discuss the importance of supporting BIPOC leaders' voices in the nonprofit sector.
- How can you support BIPOC leadership with your charitable dollars?
- Read about the importance of funding leaders of color to build equity and justice.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Executive Director of Sacred Heart Community Service Poncho Guevara joins SVCF’s Executive Vice President of Community Action, Policy and Strategy in a conversation about the importance of supporting BIPOC leaders in the nonprofit sector. SVCF grantee Sacred Heart Community Service is a key agency in local COVID-19 response and is a regional leader striving to develop countywide solutions to poverty. In this episode, you’ll hear Poncho discuss how the pandemic has amplified the existing disparities BIPOC communities face and how allies have stepped up to support systemic change, such as centering the voices of people of color in leadership roles in the nonprofit community.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
What you will learn:
- Why investing in BIPOC leadership is critical to affecting positive systemic change
- How the perspectives of white allies has changed through the pandemic
- What donors can do to support BIPOC communities and leaders
- Poncho’s speculations on how philanthropy in BIPOC communities will evolve post-pandemic
Read the full article about supporting BIPOC leaders at Silicon Valley Community Foundation.