What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Getting Smart relays the messages in Tom Vander Ark's new book, 'Better Together: How to Leverage School Networks for Smarter Personalized and Project-Based Learning'.
• How will this book help educators understand the nuances of these learning styles? How has both personalized and project-based learning affected the education landscape?
• Read about how personalized learning can lead to equity in classrooms.
Networks are proving to be an engine for innovation as well as a powerful scaling strategy that, for the kids that need it most, can boost access to quality.
The core premise of Better Together: How to Leverage School Networks for Smarter Personalized and Project-Based Learning, is that creating powerful learning is hard work and there’s no reason for teacher teams to work alone.
District leaders, principals and teachers aim to improve student outcomes, but old constraints and inadequate tools and supports make it extremely difficult to innovate at scale. The answer: working together in formal and informal networks.
Better Together is a practical resource containing specific strategies that can be implemented to build and scale effective school networks. The book includes information on leadership, business models, governance, school supports, and advocacy that will go a long way for creating an environment where school networks can thrive.
Throughout the book readers will learn about over a dozen school networks and will be introduced to teachers, principals and district leaders who have re-imagined hundreds of schools with the support of networks. The authors also share:
- Proven learning models for scaled school networks
- The latest innovations for more effective collaborations
- Smart strategies for optimizing the educational network experience
Read the full article about personalized and project based learning at Getting Smart