Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are five priorities for nonprofit organizations to focus on to help move through the next stage of the pandemic and beyond.
- Why is it critical for donors to support nonprofit capacity during this time?
- Learn how you can help nonprofits over the course of COVID-19.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Like other businesses and enterprises, Covid-19 has rocked nonprofit organizations in profound and often devastating ways. According to a specialized survey by BDO U.S., 75% of nonprofits reported that Covid-19 negatively impacted revenues and funding. In a study by the Nonprofit Finance Fund, 60% of nonprofits encountered situations last year that seriously jeopardized their long-term financial viability.
While the pandemic has been highly disruptive and has presented many challenges and hurdles, hope is on the horizon. A recent report from the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University predicted a 4.1% increase in charitable giving this year with a 5.7% increase expected in 2022.
As we head into a key inflection point for our sector, priorities will need to keep shifting and changing. The following are five priorities for your nonprofit to consider to help keep pushing forward.
- Dive Into Digital Marketing
- Step Up Storytelling
- Ramp Up Virtual Engagement
- Express Gratitude To Stakeholders
- Guard Against Employee Turnover
Read the full article about nonprofit strategies to move forward during COVID-19 by Christa Day at Forbes.