Giving Compass' Take:
- Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a digital survey tool that foundations can use to gain a better understanding of how their organizational structure affects their impact.
- Why is it valuable to assess impact and efficacy using a variety of tools and perspectives? What strategies do you use to evaluate your impact?
- Read about assessing impact.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Full alignment of staff, resources and approaches with mission, vision, and values is ideal—but the reality is that many philanthropies have areas where this is not the case or don’t have accessible instruments to facilitate such introspection. A new, freely available online tool from Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors can help. This resource, created as part of RPA’s Theory of the Foundation initiative, is a self-assessment tool to help philanthropies get a better understanding of how their internal elements and processes align with external impact. It consists of twenty questions, which, when answered, will provide feedback on how funders:
- approach their legacy, governance and decision-making;
- view and express their role in society; and
- choose to marshal and operationalize resources.
Read the full article about impact assessment by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.