Giving Compass’ Take:
• Grant Trahant, writing for Causeartist, discusses the initiatives of the Tent Foundation as it plans to address the global refugee crisis.
• In what ways can businesses and social entrepreneurs partner to leverage the best outcomes for refugees?
Like any other global crisis, in any sector, the private sector must play a major role in solving the issue. As technology, business, finance, and global supply chains begin to merge more and more; it presents an opportunity for private and public partnerships to come together and connect refugees to opportunities that were not possible 30-40-50 years ago.
The question now becomes: How do we get these private and public partnerships to come together and solve the refugee crisis and do it in the sectors they already specialize in? The Tent Foundation is an innovative organization stepping up to make this happen. Founded by Hamdi Ulukaya, CEO of Chobani (yes, the yogurt company), The Tent Foundation has a laser-focused mission on bringing together some of the largest companies in the world to use business as the tool for solving this complex issue.
How can business solve the global refugee crisis? The Tent Foundation illustrates it comes down to three main objectives:
- The first is innovating the global supply chain. Companies can advance their businesses and improve the livelihoods of refugees by hiring refugees as employees, sourcing from refugee-owned businesses, and sourcing from businesses that employ refugees.
- The second is delivery systems. Businesses can reach refugees directly and engage refugees as customers by adapting their goods, services, and delivery systems to meet the needs of refugee communities.
- The third is impact investing. Companies can invest directly in refugee entrepreneurs, refugee-owned small and medium-sized enterprises, social enterprises that meet refugee needs, and businesses that hire and source from refugees.
Read the full article about ending the refugee crisis by Grant Trahant at Causeartist.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Corp Giving and CSR, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Corp Giving and CSR.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Corp Giving and CSR, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.