What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• #GivingTuesday explains the ways that individuals can give back through volunteering time, money, talent, voice, and getting involved with your community.
• What are other ways to make an impact on Giving Tuesday? How can corporations make CSR efforts revolve around Giving Tuesday?
• Check out the Giving Compass #GivingTuesday page to learn more.
From helping a neighbor to donating blood to advocating for a cause, there are so many ways to give back on #GivingTuesday. Start thinking now, about how you're planning to give back on November 27.
- Give Time
- Volunteer. People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some, it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others, it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge.
- Give Money
- Donate to a nonprofit or community organization that has impacted your life.
- Help your favorite nonprofit in a more hands-on way and start a fundraiser for them. Never hosted a fundraiser before? It’s as easy as telling a story about why this cause is important to you.
- Payroll giving is a great way to give regular support to the causes you care about.
- Give Your Talent
- Use your skills to help a nonprofit with anything from finance to legal help to marketing. You can search for pro bono opportunities on Taproot+ or reach out to your local nonprofits to see how you can use your talents to good.
- Give Your Voice
- Sign an online petition, call an elected official, or advocate for a cause that matters to you.
- Mobilize your neighbors to look for solutions to your local community issues such as homelessness, gang violence, food deserts, or mental health care.
- Shop for Good
- Raise money for charities when you shop online using platforms like AmazonSmile or ShoppingGives.
- Many nonprofits operate social enterprises to support their missions.
- Help A Neighbor
- Get Involved With Your Community
- Share Your Giving
- Share a #MyGivingStory: Share a story about why you give back and you could win up to $10,000 for your favorite cause.
Read the full article about #GivingTuesday at Giving Tuesday