Giving Compass’ Take:
• Ashley Post at Charity Navigator shares helpful ways to keep your altruistic resolutions this year.
• What resolutions did you have for the new year around philanthropy? How do you plan to keep them?
• For ideas this year on philanthropic giving, check out this 2020 High Impact Giving Guide.
I decided that, in 2020, I resolve to actively recognize the generosity I’ve benefited from and be more generous myself toward causes that align with my passions. I want to recognize the generosity that I’ve benefited from and be more altruistic be more generous.
Here’s how I am getting started in making and keeping my resolution…
- Create a budget Beginning with a plan is one of the best ways to ensure you will be successful in keeping your resolution. To create space for generosity in the new year, I took out my monthly budget and considered how much I wanted to allocate to charitable giving.
- Define your interests and priorities Charity Navigator’s Discover feature allows you to quickly find highly-rated charities based on your philanthropic interests. Take a few minutes to think through the issues you’re most passionate about and play with this powerful tool and find the right charity (or charities) for you.
- Make the most of your gifts Planning for monthly giving isn’t just great for your budget, it’s great for the organization too. Most charities rely on the last few weeks of the year to fund their programs and operating expenses for the majority of the year. This puts a lot of pressure on fundraisers, and, if they don’t make their goals, this means their programs may be cut or scaled back in the year ahead.
Read the full article about generosity resolutions by Ashley Post at Charity Navigator.
Nonprofit Sector is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Nonprofit Sector is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Nonprofit Sector.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Nonprofit Sector, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.