While the blaring sirens, overcrowded ICUs, and spiraling COVID-19 cases have abated in the city, the mental health implications of our new realities, and the continuing death toll, the loss of jobs and income, the social isolation, and increases in hunger, poverty, anxiety and depression as a result of this unprecedented, global pandemic have not. These effects are being felt in every part of New York City, and most acutely in lower-resourced neighborhoods of color and amongst the city’s youngest, oldest, and most vulnerable populations.
As a recent Century Foundation report highlights, “The pandemic’s impact on mental health has spotlighted the challenges that Americans have faced for years, revealing the inadequacies of the nation’s health care system to provide much-needed mental health care. What was a serious concern before the pandemic has now transformed into a major public health crisis.”
Philanthropy New York’s Health Funders Working Group invites you to join us virtually as we seek to better understand and resource the response to the “mental health wave” of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The impact of COVID on some of the most challenged New Yorkers, including school kids of color in the lowest resourced neighborhoods, people who are unstably housed or affected by significant mental illness, and home childcare providers
- The structures and racist systems that undergird the State’s and the private sector’s inadequate response to mental health needs
- The intersection of mental health with other funding issues
- Stories from voices on the frontlines
- Margaret Crotty, Executive Director and CEO, Partnership With Children
- Roderick L. Jones, Executive Director and President, Goddard Riverside Community Center
- Mark Nagasawa, Director, Straus Center for Young Children & Families
- Hugh Hogan (Moderator), Executive Director, van Ameringen Foundation
- List of Speakers in Formation
All interested funders, especially health funders, in grantmaking roles. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A and full group discussion.
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Program
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Collaborators: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Registration is required by June 15th. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Wednesday, June 16
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM EDT
Members of PNY & Partner Orgs: $0.00; Non-Members: $150.00