In 2020, the western U.S. suffered its most devastating wildfire season to date — one that experts fear could be the new normal. What can corporations and others do to help grow back millions of acres of trees and prevent losing them to the ravages of climate change? How society and the business world goes about restoring our burned landscapes could make all the difference in whether new forests last. That’s why American Forests and partners like Salesforce are pioneering climate-informed strategies to create resilient forests that will provide health, economic and climate benefits for years to come.
In this one-hour webcast, participants will learn:
- Why 2021 is an opportune time to reforest America
- How corporations can use their resources and influence to help reforest in a climate-smart way
- Why supporting reforestation designed for the future helps grow back forests for the long term, creates jobs and helps sequester and store carbon
- Heather Clancy, Editorial Director, GreenBiz Group
- Brittany Dyer, California State Director, American Forests
- Luis Vidal, Sierra Corps Forestry Fellow
- Max Scher, Head of Clean Energy and Carbon Programs, Salesforce
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.
Tuesday, March 9
1:00 PM ET