Philanthropy Massachusetts and The Boston Foundation invite you to join us for this special event celebrating the release of Democracy and The Next American Economy: Where Prosperity Meets Justice by Henry A.J. Ramos.
Principal aims of advancing this conversation are to:
* Alert audience members to the book’s content and potential informative impact on institutional and field-wide strategy
* Encourage more robust and aggressive efforts by funders to support democracy- and economic opportunity-enhancing models, through grantmaking, appointments, procurement, and capital investments; and
* Urge a heightened sense of need for more collective action by funders to align their efforts more fully around proven best practices in democratic and economic renewal, with an eye to scaling and normalizing our best models and interventions for far broader human and ecological benefit.
Henry’s book offers various civic organizing and social investment models of proven and current value to this journey that leading foundations and nonprofits across New England should be aligning more fully around. It lifts up opportunities to support new and different kinds of social change investments, as well as more collective impact investing and expanded efforts to scale successful social enterprises.
This event also includes a light breakfast and complimentary books for all attendees.
In addition to hearing from Ramos, this program includes:
- Welcome from Angela Brown, Vice President for Policy and Program, CF Leads
- Moderated discussion led by Stephen Chan, Vice President of Strategy and Operations, The Boston Foundation
- Conversation with Miki Akimoto, Managing Director and Senior Philanthropic Strategist, Bank of America Private Bank
- Conversation with Penn Loh, Senior Lecturer and Director of the Master of Public Policy Program and Community Practice, Tufts University; Board Chairman, Hyams Foundation
Tuesday, September 24
8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Where75 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116