This free webinar is presented in partnership with the Charities Bureau of the New York State Office of the Attorney General.
Assets in donor-advised funds totaled more than $110 billion in 2017 and the biggest sponsor of funds — Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund — could soon be the world’s largest grant maker.
But while donor-advised funds have grown as a popular vehicle for giving, they remain confusing to many in the nonprofit world. In particular, there are questions about compliance around how they are opened, invested, and closed.
For answers to these questions, join us for this one-hour session with representatives from the Charities Bureau of the New York State Office of the Attorney General as they address practical issues surrounding donor-advised funds and the issues they have seen in their oversight.
This webinar is from 2:00pm-3:00pm EST.
What Will You Learn?
- Basic information about the legal requirements and oversight of donor-advised funds
- The life-cycle of a donor-advised fund, including legal requirements around establishing, managing, and terminating a donor-advised fund
- Best practices for donor-advised fund sponsoring organizations
Who Should Attend?
- Executive directors, chief development officers, development directors, and other nonprofit staff
- Donors and their advisers, including attorneys and accountants
- Donor-advised fund administrators
Thursday, April 18
2:00 PM to 3:00 PM