In partnership with LOCUS Impact Investing, this workshop will have a deep diver workshop on local impact investing. Foundation staff and their board members are invited to this interactive and engaging workshop to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the swelling movement in the field to move from being responsive to traditional grantmaking opportunities to being community impact driven.
- Have the opportunity to work through a short assessment to take stock of “readiness” to move toward local investing for impact.
- Learn about the broad set of tools to use to deploy impact capital across Delaware, including PRIs/MRIs, loan guarantees, direct lending, integrated capital (loans and grants), loan loss reserves.
- Learn how peer foundations are using these tools to address critical community issues.
- Identify critical issues in the state that can be addressed using foundation local investment tools.
This interactive workshop will allow foundations to:
- Break into small groups – clustered by impact areas (i.e. health, housing, economic development, and/or education).
- Identify partners to address the desired impact area, share lessons learned from prior grant or investment experiences.
- Understand how other foundations have used impact investing to further desired outcomes in the impact.
A follow-up webinar or call will be offered to check-in with Philanthropy Delaware members.
Questions? – Contact Melissa Micek, Director of Engagement, at 302-333-8004 via phone or at firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail.
Note: By registering for this event, guests at this program allow Philanthropy Delaware to use any pictures taken at this event, without compensation, for promotional and publicity purposes in broadcast, telecast, print, electronic, and all other media.
Tuesday, March 3
12:00 PM to 4:00 PM EST
Where100 W 10th Street
Wilmington, DE 19801