What is the role of a 21st-century prosecutor? Join us for a conversation with Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr. about his office’s Criminal Justice Investment Initiative (CJII) — $250 million investment in transformative projects that strengthen and support youth, families and our communities.
DA Vance will be joined by Michael Jacobson, Executive Director of the CUNY Institute for State and Local Governance, which serves as the technical assistance consultant to the Manhattan DA’s Office for CJII.
DA Vance and Michael Jacobson will share more about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spur innovation, test new approaches, create new partnerships and fill critical gaps in social services.
- Lessons learned and impact to date of CJII
- The comprehensive training and technical assistance for the CJII grantee community
- Efforts DA Vance has undertaken to reform the criminal justice system, including ending the prosecution of crimes of poverty and ending the prosecution of marijuana possession
- Other policy priorities, such as gun violence prevention
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., District Attorney, Manhattan District Attorney’s Office
- Michael Jacobson, Executive Director, CUNY Institute for State & Local Governance
Tuesday, December 3
8:30 AM to 10:00 AM EST
Where320 East 43rd Street
New York City, NY 10017
Free for Members; Non-members $150