A new survey conducted by CEP shows the stark realities nonprofits face right now, with many facing simultaneous increases in demand and decreases in revenue. The data from a representative panel of nonprofit leaders provides the most comprehensive take yet on what nonprofits face – revealing which organizations face the toughest challenges, what is most needed from donors, and differences in experience based on characteristics such as organization type and gender of the nonprofit leader.
The webinar will mark the release of the data from this new survey, which was conducted in May with support from the Fund for Shared Insight. A presentation of key findings will be followed by a frank discussion with nonprofit leaders and a funder. The focus is on what donors of all types can do today to have the most positive impact in the wake of the COVID crisis – with an emphasis on how to help the organizations serving the most marginalized and vulnerable people in our society. This is crucial in light of sobering data about the vastly disparate impacts of both the disease and the economic downturn.
- Kate Gehling, Analyst, Center for Effective Philanthropy
- Chitra Hanstad, Executive Director, World Relief Seattle
- Stephanie Hull, President & CEO, Girls Inc
- Hannah Martin, Associate Manager, Research, Center for Effective Philanthropy
- Melinda Tuan, Managing Director, Fund for Shared Insight
- Phil Buchanan, President, Center for Effective Philanthropy (moderator)
Monday, June 8
1:00 PM EST