This March, we mark the one year anniversary of the shutdown in New York City and other parts of the country. Over the past year, nonprofits led by people of color have been at the frontlines of the pandemic, providing vital services, advocating for comprehensive benefits, and securing financial resources. As we continue to grapple with COVID-19, how do we offer support for leaders and organizations that have been the most impacted by the pandemic?
Join us for a discussion with Deepa Iyer, co-author of On the Frontlines: Nonprofits Led by People of Color Confront COVID-19 and Structural Racism, and hear how philanthropic and nonprofit leaders are addressing the fallout from COVID-19 and the persistent need to address race as we move forward as a country.
- The issues facing leaders of color during the twin pandemics of COVID-19 and race/racism
- Recommendations for what philanthropy can do that would help support Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) leaders
- Ways that funders – in this moment – have been able to respond to and shift investment priorities to meet the needs of organizations with BIPOC leadership
- Lorena Kourousias, Executive Director, Mixteca
- Danielle Pulliam, Program Officer, The Pinkerton Foundation
- Lissette Rodriguez, Managing Director, Portfolio Strategy and Management, Blue Meridian Partners
- Annetta Seecharran, Executive Director, Chhaya Community Development Corporation
- Deepa Iyer (Moderator), Director of Movement Building, Building Movement Project
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: Presentation followed by group discussion.
2:00 – 3:30 PM Program
Registration is required by April 26th. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee).
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Tuesday, April 27
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM EDT
Members of PNY & Partner Orgs: $0.00; Non-Members: $150.00