The Latino Power Fund will secure equitable public investments proportional to the size and contributions of the Latino community. Meeting this need comes at critical moment. Latino-led grassroot organizations will be key to ensuring Latino communities have access to bold state and federal investments outlined in California’s 2021 state budget and President Biden’s American Rescue Plan. From broadband expansion to securing economic relief like the Golden State stimulus and the earned income tax credit, trusted messengers at trusted organizations have and must continue to be the stewards, providers, and connectors to public dollars for Latino families. The fact that only 35% of Latinos have accessed rental relief, despite making up 57% of all renters in the state, demonstrates why successful policy implementation hinges on outreach from grassroot, Latino-led organizations.
The Goals of the Latino Power Fund are five-fold:
1. Strengthen Latino-led grassroot organizations with steady revenue for core operations;
2. Secure equitable public investments proportional to the size of the Latino community in California;
3. Increase civic leadership and political participation by 40% of Latinos in key regions of the state;
4. Increase the pipeline of Latino political leaders with a progressive agenda for equity and justice;
5. Advance a clear agenda for social, systemic, and policy solutions solutions shaped by and for Black and Brown communities.
Uniquely positioned at the intersection of corporate, political and grassroots power, LCF creates and nurtures relationships designed to accelerate impact in unprecedented ways.
To date, LCF has created the largest network of Latino philanthropists in the country, invested over $17M in 150 grassroots Latino-led nonprofits across the State, and launched one of the largest campaigns to mobilize the Latino vote in California. LCF hosts the Latino Nonprofit Accelerator, a groundbreaking capacity building initiative that gives grassroots nonprofits access to world class branding and fundraising support. This initiative has already helped 18 organizations level up their communications, double their fundraising confidence, and leverage $7M in new funding.
We are a nonprofit too. Donate to Giving Compass to help us guide donors toward practices that advance equity.
Copyright © 2023, Giving Compass Network•