What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
It’s that time of year again—the days are getting warmer, daffodils and tulips in bloom, and for many, a bit of spring cleaning. Now, have you considered the same for your investment portfolio?
This ten step checklist can help:
- Has the organization’s risk tolerance changed?
- Is the return objective still valid?
- Have there been any changes to the organization’s operational investment constraints?
- Is the strategic asset allocation still appropriate?
- Does the actual asset allocation of each asset class fall within the target range?
- Is there enough diversification within each asset class?
- Is the portfolio’s liquidity in line with expectations?
- How has the portfolio performed in relation to its benchmark?
- How has each manager performed in relation to their benchmark?
- Is the portfolio of each manager consistent with their mandate?
Read the full article about cleaning up your investment portfolio by Brendan O’Connell at Exponent Philanthropy.