Giving Compass' Take:
- Ted Hart shares four critical logistical questions that donors should consider before giving internationally.
- Are you ready to engage in international giving? Where can you make the biggest impact?
- Read more about the importance of international grantmaking.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Whether you've traveled to distant parts of the world and were inspired by the inventiveness of the communities you visited, read about an issue in an article, or maybe just feel a kinship with a special place, the desire to help others can quickly move to the top of your priority list. Supporting the efforts of nonprofits working on issues you most care about is a great way to take action.
Whether you're considering a one-time donation or providing sustained support to a charity somewhere else in the world, there are a few things you should consider before taking the plunge.
- Where would you like to donate?
- How do you make sure you're not breaking any rules?
- Are there tax benefits to giving abroad?
- What impact would you like to make with your donation?
Read the full article about giving internationally by Ted Hart at Philanthropy News Digest.