What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Mickey Berlianshik, writing for Medium, lists four ways to get involved in philanthropy: volunteering, regularly making donations, spring cleaning, and intentionally volunteering during the holidays.
• What is your preferred method of participating in philanthropy? Are there these kinds of opportunities in your community?
• Read about how youth can become more involved in philanthropy.
Many people express a desire to participate in philanthropy but often complain that they have too little time to do so. I’ve already written about how to find time for philanthropy, no matter how busy you are, but here are some more tangible ways to actually get involved in philanthropy.
It’s time to stop making excuses and actually go out and help people. As humans, it’s our personal responsibility to help others in need, especially when disaster and trouble are so prevalent in the world. If you are unsure what cause to support, there’s sure to be something out there that you feel comfortable with, you just have to look.
These steps for becoming more involved with charities are relatively simple and shouldn’t take too much effort, so go out and get started on your philanthropic pursuits and make the world a better place!
- Get into a habit of volunteering.
- Give regular donations.
- Participate in spring cleaning.
- Make the holidays a time to volunteer.
Read the full article about participating in philanthropy by Mickey Berlianshik at Medium.