Giving Compass’ Take:
• Bright Funds Blog offers five ideas to motivate you to donate your time and make an impact in various ways.
• One of the suggestions is to participate in skills-based volunteering. Why is this important to distinguish from regular volunteering? What opportunities are available in your community to donate time?
• Learn about how skills-based volunteerism can make a difference.
Volunteering at a soup kitchen isn’t for everyone. And that’s Ok. Channeling your individual energy into maximum impact is about choosing something that motivates you.
Below are 5 ways to give your time for good:
- Skills-based volunteering
- Mobilize your company’s internal “do good” team
- Earning to give
- Joining a nonprofit board
- One-off volunteering
People find meaning in different ways, and there are many opportunities to leverage your intrinsic desire to do good in the world. What’s most important is that you are being true to what is meaningful to you, and giving back in a way that lights your fire.
Read the full article about volunteering at Bright Funds Blog.
Volunteering is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Volunteering, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.