Giving Compass’ Take:
• Mission Investor Exchange publishes remarks recently given by Amit Bouri, CEO of the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN), about how we can unlock capital for social good.
• Bouri also emphasizes the importance of a people-centered approach (rather than an over-reliance on technical tools). Are we engaging enough with the communities we’re trying to help?
At this moment, impact investing hangs in the balance. We can’t be sure if it will tip to a new future or be sucked back into business as usual — coopted and absorbed by the status quo. Our only chance for success is to offer a better alternative for the way the world invests.
This is why the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)’s vision is bigger than impact investing. This is why we believe in a future where impact is a part of every investment.
Success will require getting to the root of the problems in our financial systems. And then using our influence, our evidence, and our energy to create systemic change. We will need to assume responsibility beyond our own deals and our own portfolios. Because all of our investments around the world can add up to something bigger: To a global economy that is more fair, more sustainable, and more inclusive. Because, ultimately, what does success mean for impact investing if the broader system is failing?
So, how do we do this? How do we build a powerful alternative to the status quo? Three things:
1. We need to mobilize more capital
2. We need to safeguard the integrity of impact investing
3. We need to fuel a global impact investing movement
Read the full article about trying to boost impact investing by Amit Bouri at Mission Investors Exchange.
Interested in learning more about Impact Investing? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Impact Investing.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in Impact Investing is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to Impact Investing.
Are you ready to give?
Impact Investing is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Impact Investing.