Better solutions take hold when they emerge from the communities we serve. When we fail to achieve the best results, it is often because we aren’t connected to our communities and the work of grantees.
Many grantmakers are recognizing that in order to ensure better results, we need to tap into the knowledge experience and energy of key stakeholders — nonprofits, community members, other funders, thought leaders.
- What is stakeholder engagement?
- What are different ways to engage stakeholders?
- Which stakeholders should we involve in our decisions and how?
- What is empathy and what are the benefits?
- How do we build and maintain authentic relationships?
- How do we know if our stakeholder engagement is working?
- Where can we go to dig deeper on stakeholder engagement?
- Who is engaging stakeholders well?
Impact Philanthropy is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Impact Philanthropy, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Impact Philanthropy take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.