What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Steve Randazzo provides three specific pathways for organizations to follow in order to grow their corporate social responsibility mission through various engagement tactics.
• How can CSR and traditional philanthropy work together to support communities?
• Learn about an organization that helps other companies with gaps in their CSR planning.
Making the world a better place is not just for activists and billionaires. Now, brands are taking on this role after realizing just how much their customers care about social and environmental causes.
However, given the short attention span of today’s consumers as well as their growing passion for social and environmental justice, it’s time to take brands’ giving missions to the next level.
Instead of merely ticking off the CSR box on your advertising checklist, treat your social or environmental mission as a business priority. Be active and creative in how you show — rather than tell — customers that you care. Here are three ways to do just that:
- Take up space with your mission- Upon visiting your company’s website, customers should immediately know that you are serious about CSR. In fact, it should appear to them as if CSR is one of the biggest reasons why your brand even exists. To do this, fill your website with content devoted to your social endeavors.
- Help customers join in- The best way to move beyond passive activism is to build interactive elements into your CSR initiatives. Don’t just present the facts — customers can’t do much with those other than read them and move on. Instead, inspire people to take action alongside you by creating opportunities for them to interact.
- Take a road trip- Don’t get stuck within the confines of your website or office. By taking your CSR mission on the road, you can spread the word faster than any TV ad or promotional packaging ever could.
Read the full article about activating your CSR mission by Steve Randazzo at TriplePundit.