What's a "high-performance organization"? How do you get there from here? The Leap Ambassadors Community spent a year developing clear, actionable answers to both questions.
The Performance Imperative helps nonprofits and public agencies understand and assess performance by sharing a common definition of high performance and providing a framework of seven organizational disciplines to achieve it.
Organizations that commit to pursuing high performance generally make the most progress by cultivating seven core disciplines:
- Pillar 1: Courageous, adaptive executive and board leadership (the preeminent pillar)
- Pillar 2: Disciplined, people-focused management
- Pillar 3: Well-designed and well-implemented programs and strategies
- Pillar 4: Financial health and sustainability
- Pillar 5: A culture that values learning
- Pillar 6: Internal monitoring for continuous improvement
- Pillar 7: External evaluation for mission effectiveness
Learn more and download the Performance Imperative.