Giving Compass' Take:
- In this podcast, Nell Edington discusses how nonprofit leaders can advance social change initiatives by embracing abundance mindsets and abandoning scarcity.
- How can donors support nonprofit leadership that makes leaders feel empowered?
- Learn more about moving away from a scarcity mindset.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Now more than ever, society needs nonprofit leaders to break out of restrictions and claim our place in this world. We talk with consultant Nell Edgington about her new book, “Reinventing Social Change: Embrace Abundance to Create a Healthier and More Equitable World.”
Nell challenges us to embrace abundance and power as nonprofit leaders. We discuss getting into our “zones of excellence”, kissing scarcity goodbye, and other helpful concepts in the book that can help us transform our experience of nonprofit work.
In this episode we cover:
- Why the nonprofit and philanthropic system is broken
- Claiming our power as nonprofit leaders
- Not doing it all by ourselves
- Kissing scarcity goodbye
- Making money your new best friend
- Mobilizing our inside team and outside network
Read the full article about nonprofit abundance by Nell Edington at Fund the People.